Module 2
In the video "Philosophy of the Arts" I thought it was very interesting learning all the different theories of aesthetics presented by these philosophers. Overall how that even though beauty and aesthetic are connected, they are different. In the CARTA video I enjoyed the discussion on how our brains are wired to interpret non-verbal things such as art. The CNN article was also very interesting on how are brains are evolved to see faces and people in artwork. I felt that Francis Hutcheson's theory on aesthetic is the most important. His era was the 1700's and he developed the idea that I feel Francis Hutcheson's theory on aesthetics is the most important. That the human being has a sense of beauty and harmony, that the perception of beauty and harmony is mediated by the external senses to an internal sense that registers the phenomenon of beauty. The videos and articles relate to the text because they all really focus on the individual perceiving the artwork and what art has done for us the viewers. They add depth to the topic and the text because they provide very deep and different insight that not only supports the text but helps you better understand it.
Comments
Post a Comment